The Edmonton Convention Centre is on the hunt for Cook 2 – Demi Chef to join our Pastry team! This role will assist the Sous Chefs and Chef de Partie in creating a smooth day-to day operation of the pastry kitchen. Outstanding planning, preparation, and presentation of the pastry food within their team will be of the utmost importance.
The Edmonton Convention Centre plays a pivotal role in hosting world-class events, meetings, and conventions. If you thrive on being among exciting action and connecting with hundreds of fellow Edmontonians day or night, then this is the ideal place for you!
What we offer to enhance your experience:
- A competitive compensation package complemented by attractive benefits
- Guidance from Red Seal and Award-winning chefs who will serve as your mentors
- Opportunities to take the lead and mentor aspiring culinary talent
- Exciting career growth prospects that sizzle
- Flexible scheduling options to suit your lifestyle
- Access to our Annual Scholarship program
- Enjoy meal discounts, exclusive fitness membership discounts, and a range of other perks designed exclusively for our valued employees
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing and baking bread, baked goods, pies, cakes, tarts, French pastries, and desserts
- Feeling, tasting, and examining appearances of food prepared and cooked by pastry staff
- Ensuring correct and timely distribution of food and product to required location under the direction of Chef de parti and Executive Pastry Chef
- Communicate with Executive Pastry Chef regarding production schedules
- Ensure proper stock rotation in all areas of the kitchen and minimize waste, best practices for FIFO
- Manage food quality and productivity by keeping detailed records under the supervision and direction of Chef de partie and executive pastry Chef
- Ensure the mise en place is ready for the next day according to expectations and demands
- Maintain a clean workstation in adherence with AHS standards
The successful candidate will have:
- Post secondary education, with a degree in culinary or hospitality management preferred
- 1-2 years experience in a high volume kitchen or banquet operation
- Food Safety Certificate
- Red Seal Certificate
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment while standing for extended periods of time
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 24 kilograms
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to assess operations, prioritize and multitask multiple services and timelines.
We are Edmonton’s Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO). We also manage two of Edmonton’s award-winning venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and the Edmonton EXPO Centre. We help tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and drive inbound visitation and economic impact in the visitor economy.
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day.
Ready to take your culinary journey to the next level? We invite you to apply! This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.