The Edmonton Convention Centre is seeking a Pastry Chef De Partie (CDP) to join the Pastry Team! As a Pastry CDP, you will support the Executive Pastry Chef in delivering consistently high-quality food. You will lead and mentor members of the Pastry team, observing methods of preparation, and informing the team of necessary adjustments to maintain quality standards and a safe working environment.
The Edmonton Convention Centre plays a pivotal role in hosting world-class events, meetings, and conventions. If you thrive on being among exciting action and connecting with hundreds of fellow Edmontonians day or night, then this is the ideal place for you!
What we offer to enhance your experience:
- A competitive compensation package complemented by attractive benefits
- Guidance from Red Seal and Award-winning chefs who will serve as your mentors
- Opportunities to take the lead and mentor aspiring culinary talent
- Exciting career growth prospects that sizzle
- Flexible scheduling options to suit your lifestyle
- Access to our Annual Scholarship program
- Enjoy meal discounts, exclusive fitness membership discounts, and a range of other perks designed exclusively for our valued employees
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, and executing all pastry and bakery menus
- Preparing and baking bread, baked goods, pies, cakes, tarts, French pastries, and desserts for safe consumption
- Ensuring that the mise en place is ready for the next day according to demands
- Maintaining organization, timeliness and delivery of all food that is prepared by the team
- Providing direction and assistance to the team of cooks, ensuring full utilization of employee capabilities and skill sets
- Acting role model to department members by providing daily observations, direction and assistance to the team.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Establishing good working relationships with other departments
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in a high-volume kitchen or banquet operational experience
- Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Cook Certificate
- Degree in culinary or hospitality management considered an asset
- Excellent organisational, multi-tasking and prioritisation skills
- Being comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Superb verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed sense of taste and smell
We are Edmonton’s Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO). We also manage two of Edmonton’s award-winning venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and the Edmonton EXPO Centre. We help tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and drive inbound visitation and economic impact in the visitor economy.
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day.
Ready to take your culinary journey to the next level? We invite you to apply! This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.