We are Edmonton’s Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO). We also manage two of Edmonton’s award-winning venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and the Edmonton EXPO Centre. We help tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and drive inbound visitation and economic impact in the visitor economy.
Working together in a one-team approach aligned by our core values, Explore Edmonton’s business units’ market and sell Edmonton as a year-round destination to visit, work, and play in while also developing products and experiences that have a uniquely Edmonton flavour. And by incorporating the management of the city’s two award-winning venues into Explore Edmonton, we are uniquely positioned to attract major events, meetings, and conventions to our city, generating greater economic impact. While Explore Edmonton’s mandate is focused on generating inbound visitation, what we do and how we do it also enhances and amplifies the quality of life for Edmontonians. The people who live here are our greatest ambassadors, so making it easier for them to love our city makes it easier for us to sell it.
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
The Edmonton Convention Centre is looking for a Pastry Chef De Partie (CDP) to join the Culinary Team! As a Pastry CDP, you will support the Pastry Chef in a busy kitchen delivering consistently high-quality food. The Pastry Chef de Partie prepares food, observe methods of preparation; feel, taste, smell prepared dishes; viewing color, texture, & garnishments; informing subordinates of necessary adjustments to maintain quality standards and presentation and maintain a safe and clean working environment.
The Pastry CDP ensures the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keeps up to date with the new products, recipes, and preparation techniques
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing and executive all pastry and bakery menus
- Preparing and baking bread, baked goods, pies, cakes, tarts, French pastries, and desserts for safe consumption
- Ensuring that the mise en place is ready for the next day according to demands
- Maintaining organization, timeliness and delivery of all food that is prepared by the team
- Providing direction and assistance to the team of cooks, ensuring full utilization of employee capabilities and skill sets
- Acting role model to department members by providing daily observations, direction and assistance to the team.
- Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
- Establishing good working relationships with other departments
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in a high volume kitchen or banquet operational experience
- Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Cook Certificate
- Degree in culinary or hospitality management considered an asset
- Excellent organisational, multi-tasking and prioritisation skills
- Being comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Superb verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Well-developed sense of taste and smell
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day. If this role piques your interest, please submit your cover letter to let us know how you feel you could make an impact along with your resume. Please submit your interest no later than November 3, 2021.