Calling all member guilds! Here is the news about the exciting challenge which is on June 18-20 2020. CQA/ACC wants to share everyone’s sense of adventure as Quilt Canada travels north to Edmonton, AB! Join in the fun with your guild – your quilt could end up at Quilt Canada 2020!
The Gateway to Adventure Quilt Challenge:
- Each quilt must have a visible amount of KONA cotton colour #k001-147 JUNGLE, along with three (3) additional fabrics on the face of your quilt. The additional fabrics can be a print or solid.
- The quilt perimeter is to be no larger than 72 inches.
- Each quilt must be finished with either binding, facings or enveloped pillow case style.
- Please ensure that there is a hanging sleeve, at least 3 inches wide, for display purpose.
- All quilts must have a label on back with the quilt name and quilter’s name visible on it.
- Each CQA/ACC Member Guild selects one winner only from their Guild’s membership, before April 15, 2020 for entry into this challenge.
- All entries must follow the guidelines below.
- Open to CQA/ACC Member Guilds
- Guilds wishing to enter the Challenge must advise of their intent via email to Heather Black,email@example.com by March 1, 2020, so that space allocation for display at Quilt Canada 2020 can be arranged.
- Once the guild has selected the quilt to represent their guild, the online entry form must be filled out and submitted by April 15, 2020. The online entry form will be located on Quilt Canada 2020 Guild Challenge page on the canadianquilter.com website. The form will be available March 1, 2020.
- When the online entry form has been received by CQA/ACC, a confirmation email with instructions for shipping the quilt will be sent to the email address supplied on the entry form.
- All quilts must be received by May 30, 2020 so they can be displayed at Quilt Canada 2020, at the Shaw Centre, Edmonton, AB.
- The winning quilt will be selected by Viewers’ Choice during Quilt Canada 2020 and awarded a $100 cash prize.
- All submitted quilts will remain in the possession of the CQA/ACC for approx. 11 months and will be returned to the owner/maker prior to Quilt Canada June 2021.
- The CQA/ACC plans to take these quilts, as part of a travelling show within Canada. Our Regional Reps and/or Board members will take the quilts to Guilds and/or shops in their province to share the talents of our guild members.
Take up the challenge and set off on an adventure!
Date: Thursday, June 18 – Saturday, June 20 2020
Ticket information coming soon
To make parking easy and stress free, we have partnered with Parking Panda, the nationwide leader in online parking reservations, to allow you to search and reserve parking before your trip or on the go. View real-time availability and pricing at convenient locations within easy walking distance to the Edmonton Convention Centre. Simply choose the day you’re attending or update the calendar to fit your schedule and view parking options. Non-reserved parking options are also listed here.
Once booked, your spot is 100% guaranteed at the selected location. Need assistance? Please give Parking Panda a call at (800) 232-6415 to speak with a helpful representative!