We hold your health and safety above all.
Here’s what you can expect when visiting the Edmonton Convention Centre.
- Guests who are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19 are expected to stay home.
- Face coverings for visitors is optional, and we ask that you respect the choices made by guests to wear or not wear face coverings.
- Onsite signage will remind you of physical distancing and personal preventative measures we can all take to protect ourselves from COVID-19.
- Please help yourself to hand sanitizer. We have dispensers positioned in many places throughout the venue.
- Our new normal includes the highest possible cleaning and sanitation practices, and continued infectious disease prevention measures for all our employees, contractors, and vendors.
As part of our effort to limit touch points and exchange of germs during transactions throughout our venue, the Edmonton Convention Centre is moving to a cashless system—including at our concessions, coat checks, and other areas. We ask guests to prepare in advance; there are no ATMs onsite, and cash is limited throughout the venue.
As one of the first GBAC® (Global Biorisk Advisory Council) STAR™ accredited venues in Canada, the Edmonton Convention Centre places infectious disease prevention at the forefront of everything we do. The safety of our guests is our number-one priority, and as such we’ve amplified our cleaning processes, continue to follow all Alberta Health guidelines, and exercise an abundance of caution as it relates to screening our employees.
Beyond aligning with our efforts to minimize close-proximity interactions wherever possible, our venue’s move to a cashless, digital system aligns with our mission to improve our clients’ experiences at the Edmonton Convention Centre. The implementation of a cashless system will keep our guests safe, and improve the Edmonton Convention Centre experience. Thank you for your cooperation.
GBAC® Star Accreditation
In support of our Healthy Venues Plan, the Edmonton Convention Centre is among the first venues in Canada to achieve the GBAC STAR Accreditation, which is the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation for facilities. This means our cleaning and sanitation programs will be accredited and validated by the gold standard program that prepares venues with the right systems to protect against biohazards and respiratory illness, including COVID-19.
Visit Safely in Edmonton
Edmonton is proud to be the first Canadian destination to achieve the GBAC STAR Destination Accreditation. This means that our city’s participating facilities don’t just look and feel clean, they are verified clean – backed by the GBAC STAR Accreditation. Learn more about how Edmonton has come together as a destination to keep you safe HERE.