We hold your health and safety above all.
Healthy Venues Plan
As we look toward welcoming you back to our venue, we have been busy engaging other industry leaders to develop our Healthy Venues Plan – a set of health and safety protocols that will ensure the Edmonton Convention Centre is among the safest places to plan and attend events. Our Healthy Venues Plan is informed by the latest information from Alberta Health Services and is backed by best practices in cleaning and sanitation.
Click HERE to familiarize yourself with all health and safety protocols that may be in place for your next visit to the Edmonton Convention Centre.
Restrictions Exemption Program
Effective Friday, October 1st, to access the Edmonton Convention Centre, people ages 12 and older must provide proof of vaccination or documentation of a medical exemption or show proof of a negative test result:
- October 1 to October 25: proof of a single dose is considered acceptableas long asthe dose was given more than two weeks before the time of entry.
- After October 25: proof of double vaccination is required.
- Tests must beprivately-paidCOVID-19 PCR or rapid tests completed within 72 hours before accessing a program or service.
- Tests must not be from Alberta Health Services or Alberta Precision Laboratories.
During the initial stages of this program, guests should plan to arrive at facilities a little earlier than normal. We ask for patience as our employees and event teams review patrons’ individual vaccination status or recent negative test results.
As of September 3, 2021 masks or face-coverings are mandatory upon entrance and remaining within the Edmonton Convention Centre. Some exceptions may apply and include:
- Children under 2
- Eating or drinking while seated in designated spaces
- As per Government of Alberta mandates, anyone unable to wear a mask due to a medical continue will require a medical exception letter from an authorized health professional
GBAC Star Accreditation
In support of our Healthy Venues Plan, the Edmonton Convention Centre is among the first venues in Canada to achieve the GBAC STAR Accreditation, which is the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response and recovery accreditation for facilities. This means our cleaning and sanitation programs will be accredited and validated by the gold standard program that prepares venues with the right systems to protect against biohazards and respiratory illness, including COVID-19.
Visit Safely in Edmonton
Edmonton is proud to be the first Canadian destination to achieve the GBAC STAR Destination Accreditation. This means that our city’s participating facilities don’t just look and feel clean, they are verified clean – backed by the GBAC STAR Accreditation. Learn more about how Edmonton has come together as a destination to keep you safe HERE.