We are Edmonton’s Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO). We also manage two of Edmonton’s award-winning venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and the Edmonton EXPO Centre. We help tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and drive inbound visitation and economic impact in the visitor economy.
Working together in a one-team approach aligned by our core values, Explore Edmonton’s business units’ market and sell Edmonton as a year-round destination to visit, work, and play in while also developing products and experiences that have a uniquely Edmonton flavour. And by incorporating the management of the city’s two award-winning venues into Explore Edmonton, we are uniquely positioned to attract major events, meetings, and conventions to our city, generating greater economic impact. While Explore Edmonton’s mandate is focused on generating inbound visitation, what we do and how we do it also enhances and amplifies the quality of life for Edmontonians. The people who live here are our greatest ambassadors, so making it easier for them to love our city makes it easier for us to sell it.
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
The Edmonton Convention Centre is looking for energetic and customer service focused Stewards to join our team! Reporting to the Chief Steward, the Steward will be responsible for cleaning all dishes, glassware, and flatware, and storing them in appropriate areas. Come join us! Be a part of our Dynamic Team!
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collecting soiled dishware from halls and meeting rooms.
- Sorting all the dishes according to size and shape, empty glassware on appropriate racks, and place cutlery in bus pans.
- Confirming all machine parts are in appropriate positions and the water levels are accurate, and all dishes are properly sanitized and polished.
- Ensuring to keep a clean workstation by thoroughly rinsing out machines, mopping, and locking the soap room at the end of every shift.
- Confirming all dishes are neatly and safely stored in designated areas.
The successful candidate will have:
- Prior dishwashing experience.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Strong ability to build positive relationships with other departments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle stressful situations appropriately and adhere to long periods of standing, walking, pushing, heavy lifting and grasping.
- Knowledge of sanitation controls and the use of cleaning supplies is considered an asset.
Explore Edmonton Corporation has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination or participate in the rapid testing program. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated based on a protected ground may request an exemption.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day. If this role piques your interest, please submit your cover letter to let us know how you feel you could make an impact along with your resume. This posting will remain open until all positions are filled.