We are Edmonton’s Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO). We also manage two of Edmonton’s award-winning venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and the Edmonton EXPO Centre. We help tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and drive inbound visitation and economic impact in the visitor economy.
Working together in a one-team approach aligned by our core values, Explore Edmonton’s business units’ market and sell Edmonton as a year-round destination to visit, work, and play in while also developing products and experiences that have a uniquely Edmonton flavour. And by incorporating the management of the city’s two award-winning venues into Explore Edmonton, we are uniquely positioned to attract major events, meetings, and conventions to our city, generating greater economic impact. While Explore Edmonton’s mandate is focused on generating inbound visitation, what we do and how we do it also enhances and amplifies the quality of life for Edmontonians. The people who live here are our greatest ambassadors, so making it easier for them to love our city makes it easier for us to sell it.
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
The Edmonton Convention Centre is looking for a Steward Supervisor to join the Culinary Team! Under the direction of the Chief Steward and his/her management team, the Steward Supervisor will assist and lead the Kitchen Steward, Steward in the cleaning and sanitizing of all flatware, glassware, silverware, maintenance of cleaning tools and supplies and stores them in designated area(s). The Steward Supervisor promotes the Edmonton Convention Centre to consistently meet and exceed Alberta Health Services ‘Serving Safer Food’ in delivering great customer experience. The Steward Supervisor will be ready to integrate self into a team environment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Leading the Kitchen Stewards, Stewards, and Kitchen Porters in the cleaning and sanitizing of all flatware, glassware, silverware and the maintenance of cleaning tools and supplies, and storing them in designated areas.
- Ensuring the upkeep and preservation of the ware washing rooms, chinaware storage room, cleaning/non-cleaning storage room and food preparation rooms.
- Maintaining all service stations, clearing stations and food plating areas so they are ready for their purpose.
- Ensuring that all requisitions from the banquet, culinary and other departments are completed and positioned accordingly.
The successful candidate will have:
- 2-year experience working in a hotel/convention setting
- Post-secondary degree in Hospitality Management or related program considered an asset
- Excellent leadership, communication (written and oral), and organizational skills
- Knowledge of health and safety, food safety, and understanding the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Flexible work schedule with ability to work mornings, evenings, and weekends.
Explore Edmonton Corporation has currently paused our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Explore Edmonton Corporation wants to ensure candidates and potential new employees know, should our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy come into effect again, our policy is All employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination or participate in the rapid testing program. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated based on a protected ground may request an exemption.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day.
If this role piques your interest, please submit your cover letter to let us know how you feel you could make an impact along with your resume. This position will stay open until filled.