Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Edmonton Convention Centre is an iconic, certified and sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Edmonton Convention Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We have an exciting temporary (approximately 12 months) opportunity for an enthusiastic and organized professional to join our culinary team as a Sous Chef. Under the direction of the Executive Chef & the Executive Sous Chef, this role will supervise, organize, control, evaluate and coordinate the activities of Chef de Partie, Demi-Chef de Partie, Commis, and Kitchen Helpers; and is also responsible for the planning, preparation and presentation of food.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing food with modern and creative techniques and maintain organization timeliness and delivery of all food that is prepared by the team.
- Ensuring full utilization of employee capabilities and skill sets by providing direction and assistance to their team. The Sous Chef will be a role model to department members by providing daily observations, direction and assistance to the team, as well as members of the management team.
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment for their employees to flourish in.
- Establishing good working relationships with other departments will be essential for efficient operation.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 7 years as a cook and 2 years experience in a supervisory role.
- Interprovincial Journeyman cook certification is required.
- Ensure excellent customer service through their culinary knowledge, as well as their ability to prioritize and make quick decisions.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and outstanding preparation and presentation of food will be essential.
- A well-developed sense of taste and smell will be an asset.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by January 26th, 2019. Click on the link below to apply