The Edmonton Convention Centre is seeking Cook 3 – Commis to join our Pastry team! This role will assist the Demi Chef & Chef de Partie in the preparation and presentation of pastry and baking, thereby ensuring that all the Edmonton Convention Centre Standards of Excellence are achieved.
The Edmonton Convention Centre plays a pivotal role in hosting world-class events, meetings, and conventions. If you thrive on being among exciting action and connecting with hundreds of fellow Edmontonians day or night, then this is the ideal place for you!
What we offer to enhance your experience:
- A competitive compensation package complemented by attractive benefits
- Guidance from Red Seal and Award-winning chefs who will serve as your mentors
- Opportunities to take the lead and mentor aspiring culinary talent
- Exciting career growth prospects that sizzle
- Flexible scheduling options to suit your lifestyle
- Access to our Annual Scholarship program
- Enjoy meal discounts, exclusive fitness membership discounts, and a range of other perks designed exclusively for our valued employees
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing and baking bread, baked goods, pies, cakes, tarts, French pastries, and desserts
- Informing other kitchen staff of necessary adjustments to maintain quality standards and presentation.
- Communicating daily with Executive Pastry Chef and Chef de Partie as per requirements and production schedules.
- Ensuring correct and timely distribution of food or product to the required location.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a baker.
- Ensure excellent customer service through their culinary knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and make quick decisions.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment will be essential.
- Good verbal communication skills (English). A well-developed sense of taste and smell will be an asset.
We are Edmonton’s Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO). We also manage two of Edmonton’s award-winning venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and the Edmonton EXPO Centre. We help tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and drive inbound visitation and economic impact in the visitor economy.
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day.
Ready to take your culinary journey to the next level? We invite you to apply! This position will remain open until a suitable candidate has been found.