Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, is a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Edmonton Convention Centre is an iconic, certified and sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Edmonton Convention Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for an eager and enthusiastic Cook 3 – Commis to join our Pastry team. This role will assist the Demi Chef & Chef de Partie in the preparation and presentation of pastry food, thereby ensuring that all of the Edmonton Convention Centre Standards of Excellence are achieved.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Observing methods of food preparation; feels, tastes and smells prepared dishes, as well as viewing color, texture, and garnishments.
- Informing other kitchen staff of necessary adjustments to maintain quality standards and presentation.
- Communicating daily with Executive Pastry Chef and Chef de Partie as per requirements and production schedules.
- Ensuring correct and timely distribution of food or product to the required location.
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 1 years of experience as a baker.
- Ensure excellent customer service through their culinary knowledge.
- Ability to prioritize and make quick decisions.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment will be essential.
- Good verbal communication skills (English).
- A well-developed sense of taste and smell will be an asset.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by January 28th, 2019. Click on the link below to apply