We are Edmonton’s Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO). We also manage two of Edmonton’s award-winning venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and the Edmonton EXPO Centre. We help tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and drive inbound visitation and economic impact in the visitor economy.
Working together in a one-team approach aligned by our core values, Explore Edmonton’s business units’ market and sell Edmonton as a year-round destination to visit, work, and play in while also developing products and experiences that have a uniquely Edmonton flavour. And by incorporating the management of the city’s two award-winning venues into Explore Edmonton, we are uniquely positioned to attract major events, meetings, and conventions to our city, generating greater economic impact. While Explore Edmonton’s mandate is focused on generating inbound visitation, what we do and how we do it also enhances and amplifies the quality of life for Edmontonians. The people who live here are our greatest ambassadors, so making it easier for them to love our city makes it easier for us to sell it.
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
The Edmonton Convention Centre is looking for Wait Staff to join the Banquets team!
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Serving which includes attending the service meeting prior to a function and providing service to the assigned station or location with a designated partner.
- Maintaining the cleanliness of their workstation, assisting other employees whenever possible, maintaining all storage areas, reporting any damaged equipment to management, and taking appropriate action, and being supportive in basic event set-ups.
- Bartending duties, when required, which include providing drink service to guests, setup or teardown of rooms, and cleaning and maintaining the equipment.
- Providing exceptional customer service and maintaining a cooperative work environment.
The successful candidate will have:
- Prior serving experience and their ProServe certification.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with other departments
- The ability to take direction and take responsibility for cash occasionally when working as a cashier
- To stand and walk for extended periods of time, and heavy lifting is sometimes required.
Explore Edmonton Corporation has currently paused our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Explore Edmonton Corporation wants to ensure candidates and potential new employees know, should our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy come into effect again, our policy is All employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination or participate in the rapid testing program. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated based on a protected ground may request an exemption.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day.
If this role piques your interest, please submit your cover letter to let us know how you feel you could make an impact along with your resume.
This posting will remain open until all positions are filled. Please note that successful candidates MUST be able to attend the orientation/training session on Friday September 02, 2022 from 4:00 pm – 9:00 pm.