Edmonton Economic Development Corp (EEDC) is now Explore Edmonton Corporation. As Edmonton’s visitor economy and venue management organization, we tell our City’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and generate inbound visitation.
Explore Edmonton promotes our city as a four-season destination with a determined focus:
- Purpose: Increase the economic impact of the visitor-based economy in Edmonton.
- Mission: To showcase and inspire more people to visit Edmonton for exceptional experiences, while also enriching the quality of life for residents and creating economic prosperity.
- Vision: Edmonton will be a destination of choice, delivering year-round transformational visitor & guest experiences.
Across our Visitor Economy, Venue Management and Shared Services groups, our people embody the spirit of Edmonton: open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. With two world-class venues, the know-how to enhance, execute and support major sport and cultural events, and the commitment to developing products and experiences that are authentic to Edmonton, we strive to make Edmonton unforgettable.
About our Venues
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
If you’re a passionate about Edmonton and committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience for guests and visitors, we want you to join our team!
We are searching for a dedicated and customer service focused Supervisor, Event Security professional to join our team at the Edmonton Convention Centre (ECC). This role serves as a significant resource for our entire building, providing a full range of responsibilities surrounding ECC events and ensuring the safety and security of staff, clients, contractors and members of the public.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing a safe and welcoming environment for staff, guests and clients at events being held at the Edmonton Convention Centre.
- Responsible for monitoring assigned area and Security Guards during events.
- Assisting with problems and situations that may arise for Edmonton Convention Centre clients, guests and staff.
- Communicating and coordinating event related needs with other departments.
- Enforcing policies and procedures while applying knowledge of specific acts, statues and laws.
- Investigate, report and document incidents.
The successful candidate will have:
- Must have a valid Alberta Security Services and Investigators Act License (SSIA License) and current ProServe and ProTect certification.
- PPCT or CSTS certification will be considered an asset.
- Minimum one (1) years supervisory experience in a service related industry.
- Ability to address individuals in a service-oriented manner and to perform their duties calmly under stressful circumstances.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess the ability to stand, walk and sit for significant periods of time. Physical ability will be important to this position as security guards often have to handle and transport materials that are over 25lbs.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by October 23rd, 2020 Click on the link below to apply