Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Edmonton Convention Centre is an iconic, certified and sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Edmonton Convention Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We have an exciting temporary opportunity for a dedicated and customer service focused Safety & Security Assistant Manager (12 month term). Reporting to the Manager of Safety and Security, this role is central in the development, implementation and management of the safety and security department, ensuring safety and security of the facility, staff and patrons.
The Safety & Security Assistant Manager will be responsible for
- Providing overall leadership for all Security services and activities involved in the venue and event security,
- Emergency preparedness and risk management for venue and events,
- Planning, developing and implementing programs to ensure the security and safety of facility staff, property and attendees;
- Managing all full-time Security Guards, Event Security Supervisors and Event Guards
- Oversee administration of venue parking areas
- Responsible for scheduling and managing all event personnel including Edmonton Police, Medical service providers and contracted Security.
- Overseeing and managing training programs, internal and external investigations as well as being the Bylaw Administrator for the property.
- Rotating On-Call Duty Manager and member of the venue’s Emergency Response Team for critical incidents.
- Creation and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures and Safe Work Practices
- Member of the Joint Health and Safety Committee
The ideal candidate for this opportunity holds:
- A Security Services and Investigators Act license (SSIA)
- Three (3) or more years of supervisory or management experience.
- Major event experience, knowledge of facility and event risk assessment experience, and
- Knowledge in OH&S and WCB legislation would be considered an asset.
- Certified Health and Safety Auditor would be considered an asset.
The successful applicant is a strong leader that will be able to provide leadership and coaching to a team up to one hundred (100) people, has the ability to communicate clearly and effectively to team members, and is able to maintain effective working relationships with various internal and external clients, customers, and City Departments.
If this exciting Safety & Security Assistant Manager temporary opportunity sparks your interest, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills, interests and experience by September 19, 2019. Click the link below to apply.