We are Edmonton’s Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO). We also manage two of Edmonton’s award-winning venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and the Edmonton EXPO Centre. We help tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and drive inbound visitation and economic impact in the visitor economy.
Working together in a one-team approach aligned by our core values, Explore Edmonton’s business units’ market and sell Edmonton as a year-round destination to visit, work, and play in while also developing products and experiences that have a uniquely Edmonton flavour. And by incorporating the management of the city’s two award-winning venues into Explore Edmonton, we are uniquely positioned to attract major events, meetings, and conventions to our city, generating greater economic impact. While Explore Edmonton’s mandate is focused on generating inbound visitation, what we do and how we do it also enhances and amplifies the quality of life for Edmontonians. The people who live here are our greatest ambassadors, so making it easier for them to love our city makes it easier for us to sell it.
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
The Edmonton Convention Centre is looking for a Kitchen Steward to join the team! Reporting to the Chief Steward, the Kitchen Steward will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all areas of the culinary department, including most equipment and the pots and pans, as well as the cleaning and sanitizing the concession units.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collecting all soiled pots, pans, and bowls from the culinary department.
- Washing and sanitizing all the kitchen ware and placing them back in their designated areas.
- Maintaining clean and sanitize workstation throughout the day is a must.
- Ensuring that all concession equipment is regularly cleaned, sanitized, and inspected for any equipment deficiencies.
- Ensuring that all wastes are disposed of according to their categories (compost, recycle and garbage).
The successful candidate will have:
- Prior commercial dishwashing experience.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Fostering positive relationships with other departments will be important for this opportunity along with being professional and helpful when in contact with clients.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle stressful situations appropriately and adhere to long periods of standing, walking, pushing, heavy lifting and grasping.
- Knowledge of sanitation controls and the use of cleaning supplies is considered an asset.
Explore Edmonton Corporation has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination or participate in the rapid testing program. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated based on a protected ground may request an exemption.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day. If this role piques your interest, please submit your cover letter to let us know how you feel you could make an impact along with your resume. This posting will stay open until the position has been filled.