Edmonton Economic Development cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead the Way, Make an Impact, and Caring for One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, is a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Shaw Conference Centre is an iconic, certified sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Shaw Conference Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for an energetic and customer service focused Kitchen Steward to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Steward, the Kitchen Steward will be responsible for cleaning and sanitizing all areas of the culinary department, including most equipment and the pots and pans, as well as the cleaning and sanitizing the concession units.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Collecting all soiled pots, pans, and bowls from the culinary department.
- Washing and sanitizing all of the kitchen ware, and placing them back in their designated areas.
- Maintaining clean and sanitize work station throughout the day is a must.
- Ensuring that all concession equipment is regularly cleaned, sanitized and inspected for any equipment deficiencies.
- Ensuring that all wastes are disposed of according to their categories (compost, recycle and garbage).
The successful candidate will have:
- Prior commercial dishwashing experience.
- Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
- Fostering positive relationships with other departments will be important for this opportunity along with being professional and helpful when in contact with clients.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, handle stressful situations appropriately and adhere to long periods of standing, walking, pushing, heavy lifting and grasping.
- Knowledge of sanitation controls and the use of cleaning supplies is considered an asset.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. This position will remain open until filled. Click on the link below to apply