We are Edmonton’s Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO). We also manage two of Edmonton’s award-winning venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and the Edmonton EXPO Centre. We help tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and drive inbound visitation and economic impact in the visitor economy.
Working together in a one-team approach aligned by our core values, Explore Edmonton’s business units’ market and sell Edmonton as a year-round destination to visit, work, and play in while also developing products and experiences that have a uniquely Edmonton flavour. And by incorporating the management of the city’s two award-winning venues into Explore Edmonton, we are uniquely positioned to attract major events, meetings, and conventions to our city, generating greater economic impact. While Explore Edmonton’s mandate is focused on generating inbound visitation, what we do and how we do it also enhances and amplifies the quality of life for Edmontonians. The people who live here are our greatest ambassadors, so making it easier for them to love our city makes it easier for us to sell it.
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
The Edmonton Convention Centre is looking for Event Services Crew to join the team! The Event Services Crew are responsible for the set-up and dismantling of events. To provide service excellence by quickly adapting to change and meet the client’s expectation.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Preparing rooms for set up and delegate cleaning duties as required
- Setting up rooms; place tables, chairs, bleachers, staging, and other furniture in designated rooms or foyer areas as per work order set out by Supervisor.
- Hanging pipe & draping as required using the proper tools and technique
- Taking down of rooms, removing tables, chairs, bleachers, staging, other furniture, and store in designated areas
- Removing recyclable materials and dispose accordingly
- Removing drape as per function sheet
- Operating & maintaining equipment using forklift, manlift, power jacks with approved certification
- Operating equipment in a safe & proper manner.
- Assisting ECC Administration, moving or assembling office furniture, performing any other related duties upon request
- Maintaining cleanliness of storage areas, ensure all items are neatly stored in designated areas
- Ensuring back corridors are clean, keep fire exits clear of all material.
- Removing any unnecessary equipment that obstructs access into Halls, Salons & Loading Docks.
- Maintaining flags, replace flags when needed, storing flags and flag poles.
- Understanding and complying with Explore Edmonton Health and Safety policy, ECC’s Health & Safety Program and OH&S regulations.
- Supporting and promoting a Safe and Healthy work environment to clients, guests, contractors, and employees
- Adhering to waste sorting guidelines
- Supporting and promoting ECC’s sustainability commitment as part of the ECC brand
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum High School Education
- Experience in labor type work with focus on hotel, tradeshow or Convention Centre related
- The ability to handle stressful situations appropriately in a fast-paced environment and work independently when required
- The ability to carry 50 pounds. Must be able to lift and assemble chairs and tables, locate staging and bleachers. Able to walk, bend and lift for extended hours
- Conversational level of English language (oral and written)
- Strong work ethic and able to work with deadlines as per our Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Availability to work varied shift time of mornings, afternoons, and midnight shifts.
Explore Edmonton Corporation has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination or participate in the rapid testing program. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated based on a protected ground may request an exemption.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day. If this role piques your interest, please submit your cover letter to let us know how you feel you could make an impact along with your resume. This posting will remain open until all positions are filled.