We are Edmonton’s Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO). We also manage two of Edmonton’s award-winning venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and the Edmonton EXPO Centre. We help tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and drive inbound visitation and economic impact in the visitor economy.
Working together in a one-team approach aligned by our core values, Explore Edmonton’s business units’ market and sell Edmonton as a year-round destination to visit, work, and play in while also developing products and experiences that have a uniquely Edmonton flavour. And by incorporating the management of the city’s two award-winning venues into Explore Edmonton, we are uniquely positioned to attract major events, meetings, and conventions to our city, generating greater economic impact. While Explore Edmonton’s mandate is focused on generating inbound visitation, what we do and how we do it also enhances and amplifies the quality of life for Edmontonians. The people who live here are our greatest ambassadors, so making it easier for them to love our city makes it easier for us to sell it.
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
The Edmonton Convention Centre is looking for a part-time Event Service Supervisor to join the team! The Event Services Supervisor plays a vital role in coordinating successful events by overseeing setup, transitions, and teardown. Collaborating closely with the Event Services Manager, this role involves coordinating staffing needs, and ensuring accurate room setups. With a strong focus on safety and efficiency, the Event Services Supervisor ensures compliance with Health & Safety policies, maximizes equipment reuse, and contributes to creating a safe, inviting environment for clients, guests, contractors, and employees.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Supervising and leading a team of staff members to ensure the smooth setup, transition, and teardown of events.
- Reporting any damages to the building or equipment promptly.
- Overseeing room setups by reviewing function sheets daily, providing clear directions to staff, and ensuring work results meet quality standards
- Coordinating room layouts with operational departments and contractors.
- Arranging room layouts, including placing tables, chairs, bleachers, staging, and other furniture as specified in work orders.
- Demonstrating a strong understanding of and compliance with Explore Edmonton’s Health & Safety policies, programs, and OH&S regulations.
- Ensuring that back corridors are kept tidy, equipment is properly stored, and fire exits are clear at all times.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum High School Education
- Experience in labor type work with focus on hotel, tradeshow or Convention Centre is an asset.
- Supervisory experience an asset
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to motivate and guide a team.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing event requirements and schedules.
- The ability to handle stressful situations appropriately in a fast-paced environment and work independently when required.
- The ability to carry 50 pounds. Able to walk, bend and lift for extended hours.
If this role piques your interest, please submit your cover letter and resume no later than September 7, 2023.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day.