We are Edmonton’s Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO). We also manage two of Edmonton’s award-winning venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and the Edmonton EXPO Centre. We help tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and drive inbound visitation and economic impact in the visitor economy.
Working together in a one-team approach aligned by our core values, Explore Edmonton’s business units’ market and sell Edmonton as a year-round destination to visit, work, and play in while also developing products and experiences that have a uniquely Edmonton flavour. And by incorporating the management of the city’s two award-winning venues into Explore Edmonton, we are uniquely positioned to attract major events, meetings, and conventions to our city, generating greater economic impact. While Explore Edmonton’s mandate is focused on generating inbound visitation, what we do and how we do it also enhances and amplifies the quality of life for Edmontonians. The people who live here are our greatest ambassadors, so making it easier for them to love our city makes it easier for us to sell it.
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre, and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
If you are passionate about Edmonton and committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience for guests and visitors, we want you to join our team!
We are searching for a dedicated and customer service focused Security Guard professional to join our team at the Edmonton Convention Centre. This role serves as a significant resource for our entire building, providing a full range of responsibilities surrounding ECC events and ensuring the safety and security of staff, clients, contractors and members of the public.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing a safe and welcoming environment for staff, guests, and clients
- Supporting a wide variety of events needs in a fast-paced environment
- Collaborating with internal departments, external stakeholders, and community services.
- Managing accessing control of the venue during on and off hours
- Monitoring the venues CCTV and alarm systems
- Enforcing ECC’s venue and parking enforcement polices
- Conducting interior and exterior patrols in a downtown environment
- Completing investigations including written reporting, documentation, and the collection of evidence
- Managing various types of emergency situations
- Monitoring and acting as a resource for Part-time Event Security Guards
- Maintaining various systems
The successful candidate will have:
- Must have a valid Alberta Security Services and Investigators Act License (SSIA License)
- Minimum 1 year of service industry related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to problem solve, be proactive, and adapt to a variety of tasks and priorities
- Excellent knowledge of Criminal Code statues, Provincial legislation, and Municipal bylaws
- The following certificates will be considered an asset but not required; Standard First Aid Level C with AED, Verbal Judo, PPCT or CTSS
Explore Edmonton Corporation has currently paused our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Explore Edmonton Corporation wants to ensure candidates and potential new employees know, should our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy come into effect again, our policy is All employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination or participate in the rapid testing program. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated based on a protected ground may request an exemption.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day.
If this role piques your interest, please submit your cover letter to let us know how you feel you could make an impact along with your resume. Please submit your interest no later than September 18, 2022.