We are Edmonton’s Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO). We also manage two of Edmonton’s award-winning venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and the Edmonton EXPO Centre. We help tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and drive inbound visitation and economic impact in the visitor economy.
Working together in a one-team approach aligned by our core values, Explore Edmonton’s business units’ market and sell Edmonton as a year-round destination to visit, work, and play in while also developing products and experiences that have a uniquely Edmonton flavour. And by incorporating the management of the city’s two award-winning venues into Explore Edmonton, we are uniquely positioned to attract major events, meetings, and conventions to our city, generating greater economic impact. While Explore Edmonton’s mandate is focused on generating inbound visitation, what we do and how we do it also enhances and amplifies the quality of life for Edmontonians. The people who live here are our greatest ambassadors, so making it easier for them to love our city makes it easier for us to sell it.
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
The Edmonton Convention Centre is looking for Cook 3 – Commis to join our team! This role will assist the Demi Chef & Chef de Partie in the preparation and presentation of food, thereby ensuring that all of the Edmonton Convention Centre Standards of Excellence are achieved.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Observing methods of food preparation; feels, tastes and smells prepared dishes, as well as viewing color, texture, and garnishments
- Informing other kitchen staff of necessary adjustments to maintain quality standards and presentation
- Communicating daily with Executive Sous Chef and Chef de Partie as per requirements and production schedules
- Ensuring correct and timely distribution of food or product to the required location
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 1 years of experience as a cook
- Excellent customer service through their culinary knowledge
- Ability to prioritize and make quick decisions
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment will be essential
- Good verbal communication skills (English)
- A well-developed sense of taste and smell will be an asset.
Explore Edmonton Corporation has currently paused our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Explore Edmonton Corporation wants to ensure candidates and potential new employees know, should our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy come into effect again, our policy is All employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination or participate in the rapid testing program. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated based on a protected ground may request an exemption.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day.
If this role piques your interest, please submit your cover letter to let us know how you feel you could make an impact along with your resume. This posting will remain open until all positions are filled.