We are Edmonton’s Destination Management and Marketing Organization (DMMO). We also manage two of Edmonton’s award-winning venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and the Edmonton EXPO Centre. We help tell Edmonton’s story, elevate the Edmonton experience, and drive inbound visitation and economic impact in the visitor economy.
Working together in a one-team approach aligned by our core values, Explore Edmonton’s business units’ market and sell Edmonton as a year-round destination to visit, work, and play in while also developing products and experiences that have a uniquely Edmonton flavour. And by incorporating the management of the city’s two award-winning venues into Explore Edmonton, we are uniquely positioned to attract major events, meetings, and conventions to our city, generating greater economic impact. While Explore Edmonton’s mandate is focused on generating inbound visitation, what we do and how we do it also enhances and amplifies the quality of life for Edmontonians. The people who live here are our greatest ambassadors, so making it easier for them to love our city makes it easier for us to sell it.
Managed by Explore Edmonton Corporation, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre both work toward a vision of being among North America’s top-performing venues and achieve that vision through a commitment to positive social, environmental, and economic impact. As two of Edmonton’s largest and busiest venues, the Edmonton Convention Centre and Edmonton EXPO Centre have a combined 672,000 square feet and welcome more than 1.8 million visitors every year.
The Edmonton Convention Centre is looking for Bartender’s to join the team! As frontline staff, the bartender quickly and effectively serves alcohol and non-alcoholic beverages to clients with professionalism and poise, while ensuring the integrity of ECC’s procedures. A bartender will deliver an elevated customer experience while promoting our health & safety, infectious disease prevention, and sustainability practices.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Providing superior guest experience and customer satisfaction
- Completing drink transactions with cashless payment systems or proper ticket procedures
- Taking beverage orders from serving staff or directly from patrons
- Serving wine, beer, mixed drinks from bar stations or provide butler service to tables or within a reception environment
- Checking proof of age and ensure of Duty of Care
- Setting up and taking down bar units as well loading bar units with beverages and mixes
- Cleaning and disinfecting where applicable all glassware, utensils, and bar equipment
- Reporting any damaged equipment or product breakage/spillage to supervisors and take appropriate action
- Understanding, following, and complying with Explore Edmonton’s Health and Safety policy, ECC’s Health and Safety Program and OH&S Regulations
- Using GBAC’s infectious disease prevention measures and ensure all equipment is properly cleaned and disinfected.
- Supporting and promoting ECC’s sustainability commitment as part of the Explore Edmonton brand.
The successful candidate will have:
- Pro-Serve certification
- Previous Bartending experience considered an asset
- Excellent verbal communication and problem-solving skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to work under pressure and in a faced paced environment
- Business level of the English language
- Knowledge of Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission rules and regulations
- Additional courses such as First Aid training, wine tasting, mixology an asset
Explore Edmonton Corporation has currently paused our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy. Explore Edmonton Corporation wants to ensure candidates and potential new employees know, should our Covid-19 Vaccination Policy come into effect again, our policy is All employees must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 and provide proof of vaccination or participate in the rapid testing program. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated based on a protected ground may request an exemption.
Explore Edmonton encourages, supports, and celebrates a diverse and inclusive work environment. We strive to create a workplace that reflects the city we promote and where our employees feel safe and supported every day.
If this role piques your interest, please submit your cover letter to let us know how you feel you could make an impact along with your resume. Please submit your interest no later than August 17, 2022.