Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Edmonton Convention Centre is an iconic, certified and sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Edmonton Convention Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for an energetic and customer service focused Assistant Chief Steward to join our team. Reporting to the Chief Steward, the Assistant Chief Steward will assist the Chief Steward in the hiring, training, performance management and supervising of all stewarding personnel and department’s other resources.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the hiring and training of new employees, while supervising staff and completing department tasks for events.
- Preparing staff schedules, leading department meetings, managing inventory and coordinating information with other departments.
- Leading OH&S incentives with in the department and maintain systematic cleaning of designated areas and supplies (i.e. kitchen areas, dishes, glassware, pots, pans and utensils).
- Assisting and leading all stewarding team in the cleaning and sanitizing of all flatware, glassware, silverware, maintenance of cleaning tools and supplies and stores them in designated area(s).
- Promoting the Edmonton Convention Centre to consistently meet and exceed Alberta Health Services ‘Serving Safer Food’ in delivering great customer experience; and oversees the department in the Chief Steward’s absence.
The successful candidate will have:
- A post-secondary degree in Hospitality Management or in a related program.
- Minimum of 3 years of management experience working in the hospitality industry.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal skills to coordinate tasks and work with other departments.
- A strong leader who can work independently and manage multiple tasks, while supervising staff; and understands labour and equipment costs.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule is required.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities. This position will remain open until filled. Click on the link below to apply