Edmonton Economic Development Corporation (EEDC) cultivates the energy, innovation and investment needed to build a prosperous and resilient Edmonton economy.
EEDC staff embody the five cultural values of the organization; Public Stewardship, Selfless Approach, Lead The Way, Make An Impact, and Caring For One Another. Our people are city builders who embody the spirit of EEDC and Edmonton; open, inventive, courageous, cooperative and willing to take a risk. In recognition of this work and focus on our people and culture, we were recently recognized as one of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures.
Recognized as one of North America’s top five performing venues by the International Association of Venue Managers, Edmonton’s downtown convention centre, a unique meeting location where people gather to learn, innovate, trade, and celebrate. The Edmonton Convention Centre is an iconic, certified and sustainable facility located in the heart of downtown Edmonton. Owned by the City of Edmonton and managed by EEDC, the Edmonton Covention Centre has a mission of providing economic and social benefits to the Edmonton region. From conventions and trade shows to banquets, concerts, meetings and celebrations of every kind, the venue has been Edmonton’s event destination since 1983.
If you’re a superstar who’s committed to delivering a REMARKABLE experience, we want you to join our team.
We are searching for a dedicated and customer service focused Event Security to join our team. This role serves as a significant resource for our entire building, providing a full range of responsibilities surrounding ECC events and ensuring the safety and security of staff, clients, contractors and members of the public.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Patrolling and monitoring events at the Edmonton Convention Centre, ensuring the safety and security of staff members, clients, contractors, and members of the public.
The successful candidate will have:
- Must have a valid Alberta Security Services and Investigators Act License (SSIA License).
- Minimum 6 months of security industry related experience.
- Must obtain ProServe and ProTect certification within one month of employment and be in possession of current certification in standard first aid or equivalent (St. John’s, Red Cross, Emergency Medical Planning Canada – GMCC).
- Ability to address individuals in a service-oriented manner and to perform their duties calmly under stressful circumstances.
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English).
- Possess the ability to sand, walk and sit for significant periods of time. Physical ability will be important to this position as security guards often have to handle and transport materials that are over 25lbs.
- Use-of-force and verbal de-escalation training would be an asset.
If this opportunity sparks your interest and highlights your strengths, we want to hear from you! Please submit your detailed cover letter and resume outlining your accomplishments, skills and abilities by November 23, 2019. Click on the link below to apply