Edmonton's Community Canvas
Put your talent on display at the Edmonton Convention Centre! We’re offering local artists a chance to have their artwork displayed to over 500,000 guests annually. Artists are encouraged to visit the public spaces of the convention centre and visualize where they can see their artwork being displayed. Artwork must be representative of the culture or geography of Edmonton.
Selected artists will be paid full artist fees according to the CARFAC fee schedule and have the opportunity to sell their piece after being on display for one year. Installation (hanging) costs will be covered by the Edmonton Convention Centre and the venue will take no commission.
Need inspiration? Check out the amazing art pieces currently being exhibited in our venue through the 2019-2020 Community Art Program or read Art in Unconventional Spaces. We also encourage you to stop by and grab one of our walking tour booklets located throughout the building.
Submissions will remain open until November 30, 2019.
- Submissions accepted only by those who live or were born in Edmonton capital region.
- The following forms of visual art are eligible: ceramics, drawing, painting, sculpture, printmaking, and photography.
- Artwork must be representative of a cultural or geographic perspective that is unique or appropriate to Edmonton.
- All works must be original. Compositions based on published material or other artists’ work are NOT considered original and are not eligible. Paintings executed in a workshop under another artist‘s supervision or paintings based on another person’s photograph (even if it’s copyright-free) are NOT eligible.
- Employees or associates of Edmonton Economic Development and its divisions may not enter. Edmonton Economic Development reserves the right to reject work deemed unsuitable for publication or that does not meet above criteria.
- There is no age limit for entry. Minors must receive written permission from their guardians if their work is chosen to be displayed.
- Artists may submit multiple entries.
- The exhibition is tentatively scheduled from March 2020-2021 (dates subject to change). Selected art will be due two weeks before the opening of the exhibition.
Please name the digital artwork image the following way:
Artist last name_Title_Size_Medium
Example: PalmerRoss, Leslie_Colorfield#2_60”h x 96”w_acrylic on canvas